This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.

Jay Currie

One Damn Thing After Another

5/04/2004

IT Pro

Great article on the glory days of the Internet bubble over at the American Spectator.
My big break came when I began to sit next to the senior e-mail administrator, who was getting ready to move across country to start a new job. Simply because we shared an office, people began to assume I was his replacement. "So you are going to be taking over for Mike?" someone asked me. I had no idea what Mike's job actually entailed, but I did know that it paid better than data entry, so it would behoove me to find out.

"Yes," I replied. A transition from lowly temp to full-fledged engineer was begun.
W. James Antle III