This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.

Jay Currie

One Damn Thing After Another

9/26/2004

Muslim Remorse

Having been taken to task for suggesting that I would have rather more sympathy for the Muslims complaining bout the National Post using the word terrorist to describe terrorists if I saw more Muslims denouncing terror, I see this.
Karim Badr responded by saying all Iraq was disgraced by the beheadings.

"We have to prove our humanity. I am addressing my brethren in Iraq: These are masked creatures that resemble humans, who I am certain are uglier than their deeds," he said.

"Is the killing of people and exploding cars in the streets an act of resistance? Is the kidnapping and murder of people in this manner an act of resistance? I am certain they do not represent the Iraqi conscience in any way at all."

Viewers were unmoved. In a phone poll 93% supported the kidnappings.
bbc