This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.

Jay Currie

One Damn Thing After Another









StartLogic - Affordable Webhosting

california mortgage
online contact lens
compliance-news
mortgage news
christina aguilera
server security




5/09/2005

It's not Easy Being Green

Kevin Brennan over at Tilting at Windmills suggests that, in his view, the Tories are not ready to govern. It is a view that I, reluctantly and for somewhat different reasons, have come to hold as well. He then goes on,

As for me--well, I'm not sure. It may depend on the choices in my riding--the Liberals are likely to win it no matter what, but the NDP is probably going to come in second unless a star candidate pops up. But my personal political leanings aren't all that compatible with the NDP. Ironically, the commenters on the left have been pointing me towards a new possible political home, one that's already attracted a lot of people whose opinions I respect. No, I haven't made a final decision, but it's quite possible that when the next election rolls around, I too will be voting Green.

Oh sure, they won't win. But there's a reason that my blog was called Tilting at Windmills...
tilting at windmills
Part of what really annoys me about the current political landscape is the lack of a party I can vote for. Sitting at home is unattractive. So, perhaps, a protest vote pure and simple is what is needed. Nothing tells the old parties "We're not going to take it any longer." more effectively than a protest vote. If nothing else it means that the Greens will get a bit more of the election funding lolly and the old line parties will get a bit less. No bad thing that.